Work for Us
We are seeking a part-time Solutions Manager with 1-3 years of experience in a professional marketing-based role. Our ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter who can execute detailed instructions, but also come up with ideas to contribute to clients’ success. This position will develop long-term relationships with a variety of clients, serving as the liaison between clients and internal teams to ensure timely and successful implementation of solutions according to client needs and opportunities.
This person will need to be an excellent communicator both with clients and managing project completion with designers, developers, PPC/ SEO specialists, etc. To be successful, the ideal candidate will need some design understanding to be able to translate strategy into tactics.
About Ampersand Business Solutions
We specialize in market-focused business strategy for our clients, whom are primarily in the professional services industry.
What is market focused business strategy? World class companies have made being market focused a habit. Being market focused means taking marketing activities out of just the marketing department and making marketing part of everyone’s job- from service and product development and delivery to answering the phone at the front desk.
Keys to being market-focused:
- Continuously gathering relevant information about your customers and your marketing
- Collect and use data- customer information in meetings, discussions with customers, distributors, sales reports, databases, etc., collecting and using in a systematic way
- Continuously scanning the environment for government regulations and policies, technology changes, partners and competitors and their activities, future industry trends. This allows you to stay proactive and taking advantage of shifts as they happen… allows you to be on the offense.
- Information gathered should be regularly compiled in a usable form and shared with the entire team in various ways, such as company meetings, newsletters, and blog posts, as well as customer and market databases.
Working closely with Ampersand Strategists and Implementation Specialists, the Solutions Manager will help the client continuously maintain a strong and efficient market focus. Primary responsibilities will be to implement strategies and solutions developed through our proven process of Discovery + Strategy Development + Implementation & Management.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Create and manage tasks based on strategy and priority items, setting and adhering to deadlines for tasks and projects
- Communicate needs, deadlines, updates, and progress with clients
- Communicate needs, deadlines, updates, progress, and edits with Ampersand Implementation Specialists (internal team)
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate, present and influence credibly externally and within the company
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Understanding of website development, marketing, measurement and analytics, content management, digital marketing and internet technology
- Excellent time and project management skills with a keen eye to improving inefficiencies
- Attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and a continual sense of urgency
- Skilled at Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally.
This position will start part-time and work in our Manhattan, Kansas office (2310 Anderson), about 20 hours/ week to start with expected growth. We will offer a competitive hourly salary and flexible work hours.
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.